Sunday, May 11, 2008

Does anybody really know what time it is?


My body says: it's 9am...my clock says it's 2pm. My internal clock says you can't get much sleep curled up against a window in a packed jet, even with a pretty blue neck pillow. I did not watch the movie, which was "PS I Love You" because I tend not to believe Hillary Swank playing a femme.

At any rate...we were a bit late getting in, and there was a long line at Customs, so I didn't roll out of the airport til 10am, caught a city bus and made it to my hotel, The Clarence . Yeah...U2's hotel! I dropped my bags and headed over to the panel on gay theatre, which I will post a bit more about later...I also connected with the festival's artistic director, Brian Merriman and PR director, and we discussed ways to sell tickets. The advance is not great, so if anyone in Ireland is reading this, buy a ticket! We have plans to send Brett (aka Miss Fitt) over to Drag Bingo at The George tonight. If this happens, I will definitely take pictures.

Now, it's off to change clothes for the first time in around 24 hours and maybe even take a shower. There is a bottle of champagne and a plate of chocolates waiting for me, but they must continue to wait, as we open tomorrow, and you don't get to go back and figure out how to promote the show better afterwards.

Wouldn't you buy a ticket to see this guy do a cover of "What About Love"? I know I would!

No comments: