Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Stependipity



My first blog (finally). 

The above pictures are the best I had from my iPhone, which I am obsessed with and has many wonderful features.  A decent camera is not one of them.

These pics are from Sunday night after being thrown out of the theatre promptly at 7:00 (we thought we could stay until 10:00).  Steven, Derrick, Karen, Janice and myself wandered into a bar/restaurant called Murrays after Karen announced "I need pub food."  

There we were, having drinks and eats when lo and behold real live for real Irish step dancers starting performing right by our table.  Turns out we were sitting on the "stage" portion of the dance/dining hall. It was really cool to watch, and the dancers were quite talented.  There were 2 girls and one boy.  The boy served as the dance captain/emcee/dj.  He wore all black and had bouncy dirty blonde curls and the girls had pretty dark pink dresses on. You can sortof see them in the above photos.  It was really cool to see something that I had only really been exposed to on shows like Riverdance and Lord of the Dance, and had honestly always assumed was an "American-ized" version of something Irish.  It was my favorite part of the trip so far. I took Tap 101 in college and barely made a B.  I have always be thankful that I did because even though it didn't teach me a enough to be a decent tapper myself, it taught me enough to be able to really appreciate how hard it is to make all that music with your feet.  The boy especially had really crisp sounds and when all 3 of them got to stomping and tapping, our table was jarred hard enough to make the silverware rattle.  It was awesome.   Oh yeah!  And there was an audience participation part where they asked Karen to get up and join them.  It was hilarious but I didn't get any pictures because Derrick did that with Karen's camera.  

Karen? Blog much?




1 comment:

EATinIreland said...

Brett Douglas ROCKS!

Love,

kw