Monday, May 12, 2008

Well, I'M back from the bar...



...and I was one of the early ones. When I left the Dragon, at something around 1am, the place was packed with revelers from the festival, and show after show came down and everyone headed straight for the club. I had a very nice time, and caught up with (and thanked) Festival Artistic Director Brian Merriman and Producing Director John Pickering and Development Director Gary Tiernan and so many others. I handed out our postcards, and Janice put some in the ladies room, and got some tips on other places to take them, (Where my lesbians at?)

We saw our NYC buddies David and Moe (Love Scenes) and got a chance to chat with the South African company that's in our space right after us (we left them a bottle of bubbly as an opening night present). I got to preach the Jetthead gospel to some of the lovely young volunteers, and even dance for about 3 minutes.

What can I say about my play, which I have entrusted into the hands and craft of some of my favorite artists? It was lovely. We made it happen. I sat in the back row with Mark and Steven, watching Paul & Derek run the show, and Karen, Brett & Janice do that thing they do so well.

Afterward, we came back to my room and had champagne and Mark gave notes (!) before he gets on a plane tomorrow and goes back to Ho to the Bo, as we call the Mile Square City.

I have more "tech" pictures, but frankly, I'm bored with them, and you probably are too. I'll open an account on Picasa so you can all see pictures of couches being hauled on and off stage. Everyone else had their cameras out and was clicking away, so now that we are open (and heard great reports from our two other shows at the Cobalt Cafe), I will demand that someone ELSE (as many as possible) start posting and blogging.

Well, it's time to pack up now, as I am hotel-hopping for the rest of the week.

Most of the gang is going on a half-day trip to see a waterfall tomorrow (details escape me. It's 2am here). Once I move, I plan to find a little coffee or tea shop where I can sit with my faithful 'puter and do some rewrites on another piece of mine that's going into rehearsal in NYC this week. And you know that is my idea of a good time.

Peace out!

No comments: