Saturday, May 10, 2008

Greetings from Newark!


Where I'm sitting near gate C136, waiting for the 9:45pm flight. We got to Newark in plenty of time for the 7:05, and every one of the EAT team also got there in good order. I went to see if I could try to get on that flight standby, and they just laughed. There were, I was told, 8 people who were ticketed who didn't have seats. And then a standby list after that. Who knew a Saturday night flight from Newark to Dublin was the hottest ticket in town? I was also told the 9:45 was similarly overbooked, but I do have my boarding pass for that.

So I hung out with the gang (picture above: Joe, Kaolin, Karen), handed out mango altoids and bid them adieu.

And I'm camped here with my New Yorker & Vanity Fair; I could even do some work-work (I brought my flashdrive).

I'll see you all on Sunday, my colleagues!

2 comments:

PENolan said...

It really is a great head shot.
Wish I didn't owe taxes (to NY STATE!) on my alimony so I could join y'all.
My best to everyone.

PENolan said...

PS: tell your fearless artistic director that I have to contact Mr. Money's secretary on Monday to get the $2000 check for EAT as Mr. Money is allegedly out of the country. But, at least his donation will help make emerging artists' work a Reality. Like they say, "Don't just applaud; send money."